As an Associate Digital Designer, you are excited to contribute to the development of creative concepts that translate visually. You are an original thinker and a team player matching strategic direction with appropriate design results across digital experiences. Most importantly, you are driven by a passion for design. You will have the opportunity to try the digital agency world to see if it's for you! Developing talent is part of our DNA. This junior talent program is a fast-track to launch your career with regular learning opportunities, mentorship and real client work.
This role will be a part of our Trailhead program, which is Critical Mass’ investment and dedication to supporting emerging talent. When you join you will embark on a custom-built learning journey to understand what we do, who we are, and how we make award-winning work with our clients. Our goal is to integrate you into the amazing work we do here at Critical Mass, and support you as part of the team to grow your career with us!
- Work with a mentor to design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Collaborate with a team to create interactive design concepts
- Have the opportunity to create mood boards; storyboards; interactive page layouts; site grids and interface demos; photo retouching and enhancements; animated GIFs
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Build and maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team
- Strong design portfolio with motion reel or examples (you must include a portfolio URL or digital samples with your application)
- Preference may be given to students who are enrolled in programs related to design, visual communications or advertising
- Strong visual, interactive and graphic design skills.
- Solid working knowledge of the latest design toolsets -Mac OS, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortability brainstorming and contributing to bigger ideas
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
- Understanding of information architecture and hierarchy
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the web
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Ability to illustrate in both electronic and traditional media
- Post-secondary education, certification, or experience in a related field preferred
Critical Mass’ Hybrid Work Expectation for the Trailhead Talent:
The Talent Team at Critical Mass is focused on ensuring we provide the best training, onboarding, and employee experience possible! Our Trailhead Talent is the future of our organization, and we want to set you up for long-term success. In an effort to do so, we’d like to establish the expectation that you plan to work from an office on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The ask stems from our want to:
- Strengthen opportunity for continuous learning
- Improve collaboration and team relationships
- Increase employee engagement
This hybrid model balances the need for individual flexibility while maintaining the relentless customer focus, we provide at CM. We understand that not everyone may feel comfortable with this expectation so we ask that you please let us know immediately if there are any concerns so we can help navigate accordingly.
If you have questions, you can email: email@example.com.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Critical Mass Talent Acquisition team will only communicate from email addresses that use the URLs criticalmass.com and us.greenhouse-mail.io. We will never ask you to send us money, technology, or anything else to work for our company. If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please review your local government consumer protections guidance and reach out to them directly.
If U.S. based: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams#avoid
If Canada based: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/finance/consumer-affairs.html
If U.K. based: https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights